Are you interested in learning all about how the Dutch develop their youth soccer players? How did a tiny country become a world soccer leader? Join us in February 2019 and visit top level Dutch youth academies from Ajax and AZ Alkmaar. Observe training sessions and high level youth matches from the youngest (U7) to the oldest (U19) age groups.
Further we offer detailed presentations and lectures from youth academy directors and KNVB licensing instructors. We conclude the tour with a Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord Eredivisie match. Take advantage of this unique coach education opportunity!
Tuesday February 12 – Monday February 18
- Depart from International Airport Dulles (VA) or Chicago O’Hare International Airport (IL). Or book your own flight and see us in Amsterdam
- Arrive in the morning at Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam
- Meet tour guide and transfer with private bus to your accommodation
- Arrive at your accommodation for an 5 night stay, including breakfast and dinner
- Afternoon lecture AZ Alkmaar youth academy and observe training sessions
- Morning KNVB coaching class
- Afternoon visit of Ajax youth academy. Observe training and presentation
- Morning and afternoon visit of Ajax youth academy. Observe training and presentation
- Visit Ajax museum and stadium
- Optional evening visit of Amsterdam
- Morning visit youth games Ajax U7-U10
- Afternoon visit of FC Utrecht, AZ Alkmaar or Ajax youth matches
- Afternoon visit of Ajax or PSV Eredivisie match
- Depart for airport
- Depart Schiphol-Amsterdam Airport to IAD or ORD
- Late Afternoon Arrival
Included in the tour
- Optional Airfare
- Accommodation (minimum 3 star – includes breakfast and dinner)
- Private bus transportation in Holland
- Bike rental
- Full time Tour guide
- Fee’s to visit Youth Academies and Youth and pro games
Minimum of USSF D license or equivalent
Registration deadline December 10 2018
Limited enrollment (24 coaches)
Tour Director, Bernard Hartog
Bernard Hartog was born and raised in the Netherlands. He is the current Dutch Soccer School Founder and Director and has over the past ten years led soccer tours to Belgium, Holland, England, Denmark and Sweden. The Dutch Soccer School holds many partnerships with Dutch clubs, including several pro-academies which ensures the best opportunities and experiences while in Holland.
Dutch native Johan Kraaikamp currently resides in Amsterdam. In addition to guiding American soccer groups in the Netherlands, Johan is a full time employee at the Royal Dutch Soccer Federation coordinating several youth soccer clubs.