Dutch Soccer School is seeking a temporary event coordinator, to assist with the planning and execution of our soccer camps and tours this Summer.
This position will provide experience with special event planning, marketing, assisting customers with camp registration, communicating with our soccer coaches and customers, and organizing event logistics.
The event coordinator will work directly with and report to the Director of Operations and Managing Director.
Hours: 40 hours a week. Monday through Friday 8am-4pm, some flexibility and some weekend days. The position starts May 25, 2020 and ends August 7 2020 (11 weeks).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with planning and logistics for upcoming soccer camp and tours
- Assist in marketing efforts to promote event including paper mailers, e blasts, social media and web advertisements
- Draft and send communication to our soccer coaches during events
- Database management
- Inventory control and distribution for event equipment, supplies, and apparel
- Running errands for the area camps (mileage paid)
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Directors
- Must be at least 20 years old and enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Experience or interest in event management
- Knowledge and interest in soccer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to manage projects with goals and deadlines
- Enthusiasm to learn and a team player
- Proficient with e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media outlets
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Must have own reliable transportation
Salary: $2,500 a month
How to Apply: All interested applicants should submit a PDF cover letter and resume to Bernard Hartog, Managing Director Dutch Soccer School. Bernard@dutchsoccerschool.com
Job Location: Dutch Soccer School office, 8726 Town and Country Blvd suite 106, Ellicott City MD 21043